First off, smile with me :) You made it through another week and deserve a big smile. You've got the whole weekend ahead of you so make it a good one!
This week's featured Smiley Hopper is Shelby from The Snail Mom Chronicles!!
I asked Shelby a few questions about herself and her blog so you could get to know a little bit about her.
1) When did you first start blogging? Why?
I first started blogging in 2008 after my first son was born as a journal and a way to share our adventures with family. I have to admit that I wasn't very good at keeping up with it since I was working full time in an office and we didn't have a fast computer connection at home. Looking back there are maybe 5 posts from his first year. When we moved across the country in December of 2010 I started posting 5 days a week as a way for our families on the east coast to still "see" our family. The Snail Mom Chronicles is a new blog that is not a journal but more of a typical mom blog. It is much more fun to write than my other blog in that it is more creative and I am getting comments-my family never left comments.
2) What's your favorite part about blog hopping?
It is exciting to see how many different blogs are out there and find more that I would enjoy checking in with on a daily basis. I also love finding new followers that take the time to write comments on my blog.
3) What's your favorite hobby
During the summer months I love to garden-seeing the seeds grow and develop into vegetable and flowers is beautiful. I also love sewing but I never learned how to sew (follow a pattern) so all of my projects are simple or I just wing them and make up my own pattern. It is a goal of mine to learn how to read patterns so I can sew cool things for my kids like my mom did for me.
4) Who's your role model?
I have so many different role models for different parts of my life. My mom as a wonderful adventurous spirit that I love and is always biking, hiking or learning about a new place. One of my good friends Shannon has a beautiful spirit and is the type of calm mother that I strive to be. She is also an awesome gardener and herbalist.
How it Works
* Follow Me and the Smiley Hopper of the week! (Spots 1 & 2) Leave us a comment with your blog url so that we can follow you back
* Grab the Smile With Me Saturday button then post on your blog to give your new followers a place to comment
* Add your blog to the list- (NOT YOUR BLOG HOP or GIVEAWAYS PLEASE) These entries will be deleted.
* Follow as many blogs as you would like, Make sure you leave them a comment so they know you stopped by. Then Follow Back everyone that follows you & comments.
You can link your blog every Saturday at 12am EST. Have fun!!